Powered By Christian Gifts

Friday, February 1, 2008

Memorial at Flag Gazer's Blog

SGT James Craig ~ Farewell, My Friend ~ Walk with God

by Flag Gazer

Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.
-Psalm 144:1


This is my friend, James. We 'adopted' James after he received a Christmas card from us in 2005 and wrote to thank us for it. We wrote and sent packages through out that year of his deployment. James sent long and fascinating emails. He was a character with a spirit as loud as it was kind. He was devoutly Christian and not afraid or hesitant to talk about it. At his mid-term leave in Fall 2006, James met the love of his life, Natalie. They married in July 2007. And, now, James is walking with God. Please feel free to join me in my wandering memories of James. I want you to know this wonderful young man who just gave his life for our country, for us.

When James recently returned for his third deployment to Iraq, he sent this email from Kuwait:




"Please write to me and pray for me. I would love to get letters and
updates from all of you. I look forward to 2010 when I will finally be out
of the Army and can carry on a regular life and can be a bigger part of your lives.


You are all loved by me very much, that's why you are getting an
email. I hope this letter finds you all in happiness and Christmas
cheer."



Note from Cyber Pastor: Please click on the link above to read the rest of this story and see other pictures, and go to the links below to see pictures and tributes to the others who gave the ultimate sacrifice for their country.


God Bless all of their memories!



SSG Gary W Jeffries ~ Farewell and Walk with God


SPC Evan Marshall ~ Farewell and Walk with God


PFC Brandon A Meyer ~ Farewell and Walk with God


PVT Joshua A R Young ~ Farewell and Walk with God