Powered By Christian Gifts

Friday, May 23, 2008

"Build Up to M-Day" - Honorary Member of "Da Crew"

submitted by NJ_GOP


Honorary member of “Da Crew”- Cassy’s husband Joe 

Heb 12:1  Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, … let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. 

I never met Joe.  I only know what his widow has told me over the past couple of years and from that, I am certain that I would have liked him.  Because it is Memorial Day, we pause to give honor to Joe; for the 20 years he served his country and for the legacy he left behind.   

So in keeping with Hebrews 12:1 – let us run with perseverance in the cause of freedom and democracy, because freedom allows us to spread the good news of Jesus Christ. 

So when the Vets for Freedom, Move America Forward, Gathering of Eagles, America Rising and other pro-military groups are out in numbers, remember the silent “witnesses” like Joe who are with them. 

A Tribute to Joe

By Cassie 

Joe was in the U.S. Army from 1957-1977. He is a Retired Veteran and felt at home whenever he was around the army or Veterans.

The one thing that would drive Joe to a fight was when congress or a President went too far in regards to our Military. As a Vietnam Veteran Joe was committed to our Military might, and when 9/11 happened I never seen him that mad, he used words that I can't repeat.

He would stand side by side with our brave Veterans on our blogs here.

Joe died 25 November 2003. He is buried in a National Cemetery in Pennsylvania.

I enrolled Joe into the National Memorial Carillon Program in Lanham, MD.

The bells will ring on 25 November at 7:30pm.or 1930 hours.

The Carillon bells will ring throughout the Country but only their bell tower is for the Memorial Carillon Program.

I want these bells to also honor our fallen heroes. Joe would want that.  He believed that the reason we went to war in Iraq was just, and he had nothing but the utmost respect for our Troops.

My husband was a brave man and was all so loyal to the Army.

He has medals and lots of commendations.

But he never bragged about it.

As I'm honoring Joe I want to also remember our fallen Heros.

Remember them for they fought & died to keep us free. 


Cassie


Personal message: Joe, I love you and miss you so much. From your loving wife.