Powered By Christian Gifts

Sunday, May 25, 2008

"Build Up to M-Day" - Tribute to America's Veterans

Dear Friend of America's Survival, Inc.

This poem was written in honor of our veterans by my mother-in-law. As we prepare to remember their sacrifices on Memorial Day, we should think about the concept of loyalty to the United States. We exist to monitor threats to our national sovereignty. That is why we issued two very controversial reports on Obama's communist connections, available at www.usasurvival.org . Let us come together to make sure that, as Americans, we guarantee the survival of our republican form of government and our nation. 

For America's Survival, 


Cliff Kincaid, President



    Tribute to America's Veterans
    By Marion Mahoney


    "Those Honored Dead"
    "Why do you fly the flag today?"
    My Grandson wants to know.
    I fly it for the graveyards
    Where the countless crosses grow.


    I fly the flag for children 
    Whose fathers are a name.
    A half-remembered memory
    of a face within a frame.


    I fly it for the families
    of sons and daughters lost.
    They know the price of liberty
    How terrible the cost!


    I fly the flag for veterans
    who lost their youth in blood.
    And saw their comrades slaughtered
    in the carnage and the mud.


    I fly it for the ones who marched 
    In cadence off to war
    To close their eyes forever
    Upon some foreign shore.


    I fly the flag for grief poured out
    Upon a granite wall.
    The laying-on of hands that heals
    The scars within us all.


    I fly it for the sound of Taps---
    That melancholy tune
    That lays to rest those honored dead
    Who always die too soon.