Powered By Christian Gifts

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Praying for a Friend and Brother


Many of you know, that I've been asking for prayer for a really good friend of mine, Pastor Jerry Travis. Last night, 3 of my pastor friends and I went to be with Jerry's family as they called everyone in to make some of those decisions that no one ever wants to have to make.

My friends and I got home around 12:30 am and the news this morning is that he made it through the night, but the doctors are saying 24 hrs to 3 days is all they are giving him.

It's difficult to lose another close friend and pastor, and I'm still holding out for a MIRACLE - but if the Lord decides to take Jerry home, he will get his reward for being a faithful servant!

My friends and I are headed back up to the hospital tonight and will probably spend the night with the family, so blogging is way down on the list of things-to-do.

I'm not sure if the Cyber Crew (the new name for the folks who write here) have anything ready or not, but check back in and continue to support us, even if there isn't much new here. The comments lately have been great and maybe you can keep that up.

God Bless you and pray for Jerry and his family!


CP
PS. Jerry is the second for the right in the picture above.