Powered By Christian Gifts

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

"Build Up For M-Day" - I Am A Retired Veteran

by Norman Hooben


I am a retired veteran of the United States Armed Forces

Now I am a member of We The People…just words

During my active duty years I’ve seen war and rumors of war

I protected We The People…just words

I fought for God and country

Blessed by We The People…just words

The path I chose was

The road not taken by We The People….just words

They were the best years of my life

Unbeknown by We The People…just words

The hardships I endured

Will never be shared by We The People…just words

For over two score years in uniform

Now I dress as We The People….just words

Time moves on and I’m here to say

Freedom is not free for We The People….just words

When it was said that old soldiers never die

They just fade away by We The People….just words

When the time has come and my years are spent

I’ll be buried by We The People….just words