Powered By Christian Gifts

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

More about Capt. Rob

Monday, November 24, 2008

No skin grafts today

Well, Rob did not get skin grafts today. I guess the plastic surgeon wants to wait until his bili is down more because he's afraid that they won't take otherwise. So, instead they did some more washouts and did a "purse cinch" method on the fasciotomies for now. What they do is thread the tissue and cinch it up to make it smaller. They will do this little by little so when they do skin graft it, they won't have to do as much. They also said his legs are looking really good. They said the other day, the color around one of them looked a little off but today has pinked up. I'm not sure when his next surgery will be. Also when I was with Rob, the ortho dr came in the room and we were talking. The chaplain was also there. The dr asked if Rob was squeezing hands. I explained to him that only a little but sometimes it's pretty hard-esp when he's shivering. I told him that Rob was doing eye commands for me. The dr asked if I could get him to close his eyes for me because he hadn't seen it. So, I told Rob the dr wanted him to close his eyes tight for a few seconds and he did it!!! :) The dr said that was definetly him doing it. ......(Please click on the link above to finish the rest of the story).


Tuesday, November 25, 2008

4 weeks ago....

Wow. It's hard to believe it was 4 weeks ago today that the attack happened. The days have just blended into eachother. Steps forward. Steps back. Fear, excitement, anxiety, happiness, tears. So many emotions. On this rollercoaster ride of recovery and emotions is easy to lose sight of the fact that it's ONLY BEEN 4 WEEKS. Today Rob had Occupational Therapy. They said he was pretty tired today. They want to work more on consistancy of eye commands and getting him to shrug his shoulders, squeeze fingers, and track fingers. They said they might try to start planning it so that I am in the room when they do the therapy since I am able to get him to do more things. Also this will help so I know what I can do to help him too. Then this afternoon I got to go to the airport and pick up OUR GIRLS!!!!!! I was SO HAPPY to see them. As soon as Julia saw me, she ran to me and gave me a big hug and kiss. And Eva remembered that I was her momma! It is so great having them here. Julia saw also got to see Rob tonight. At first she was a little scared when we first walked into the ICU. But I talked to her and explained things and she went and stood outside his room. Rob heard her and looked out into the hall so he could see her. At first she didn't say much but it didn't take long and she was gowning up and went into the room. She looked at all the pictures and letters in his room and before long she was talking to Rob. One of the first things she said was "Wow. He has hair! When he left he was bald!!" ......... (Please click on the link above to finish the rest of the story).