Powered By Christian Gifts

Saturday, January 31, 2009

A Letter From Gold Star Mom Debbie Lee to the President

H/T Pat Dollard

Howie @ Chandler’s Watch 

Written by Howie   
Friday, 30 January 2009

An Open Letter From Gold Star Mom Debbie Lee To President Obama

It is with a heavy heart for my country that I write to you today. I pray that you will be inspired, challenged, and that you will reconsider decisions that you have made in the past week since you took the oath to preserve, protect and defend our constitution.

Many in my family have taken a similar oath in the military including my sons Kristofer & Marc, my son-in-law Chris, my brother Jim and my Father.

“I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

They along with every other Veteran have paid for my freedoms and the freedoms of every American. They have given and sacrificed so much. Some have paid the ultimate price as my son Marc Alan Lee did on Aug 2, 2006. He was the first Navy SEAL killed in Iraq. He made the choice to stand up into the direct line of fire three times that day fighting for the rights of those who couldn’t fight and bravely defending the defenseless. He told me we were making a difference in Iraq and he knew it was the right thing to do. He fought the terrorists over in Iraq so that we would not have to fight them on American soil or fear another attack on our homeland.

We have heard the success stories in Ramadi and the Al-Anbar province where Marc fought. He directly impacted the history of the world. My son successfully completed his mission that day but it required the sacrifice of his life to save others. He chose to do that, he was a young man who valued others lives more important than his own.

I remember the day I found out I was pregnant with him, just two weeks after a divorce from his abusive Father. I had a 3 year old son and an 18 month old daughter and didn’t get support from their Father. How would we ever survive? I could barely afford food for the two little ones I had, let alone another baby. There were those who told me that abortion was the solution. I already had an abortion at 17 and it would have been easy to do that again, but I had learned the hard way that abortion was taking the life of an unborn child and wasn’t a solution.

As a single parent for most of their life, I struggled - sometimes working 3 jobs to take care of them. It wasn’t easy and there wasn’t any light at the end of the tunnel, but by God’s grace and mercy I have three amazing children.

Can you imagine how different this world would have been without Marc? I still hear amazing stories of lives that have been inspired and touched by this amazing man who gave his life away so that others may live. It could even be your life that Marc spared as he fought the terrorists and brought them the justice they deserved. Marc and others just like him have fought and given you and me the gift of life by defending us against enemies foreign and domestic.

This past week a nation watched as you signed Executive Orders that have horrific consequences.
You didn’t waste any time signing an order to close Guantanamo Detention Camps. My son gave up his life fighting the terrorists so we wouldn’t have to face them in America ever again, and now your actions will bring these vile radical terrorist to American soil and give them the same rights as citizens of America have?

I know any major decisions that I make I get the facts first hand, I research the information, I weigh the outcome or consequences and I have a plan that I implement. You have not even been to GITMO. You have no plan what to do with the terrorists. I just returned from a trip to Guantanamo. I saw first hand that we are taking the moral high ground. At times the terrorists have more than our brave troops do.

While visiting the detention camps, I looked into the eyes of a terrorist who glared at me while motioning he was going to cut my head off. Please DO NOT bring these self admitted murders to the land of the free and home of the brave. These cold hearted killers willingly confess that they are “still in Jihad.”

You also reversed the Mexico City Policy and in a time of economic disaster in the US are allowing our tax dollars to be sent to international organizations that provide abortions. We are losing our homes, our jobs, and our nation is in financial crisis and you’ve decided to use our finances to kill babies in other nations?? You’re concerned about the higher moral ground with the terrorists who murder for “Allah” and yet you won’t honor and obey Christ and defend the defenseless unborn baby?

My son took a stand and gave up his life defending the defenseless. He knew it was the right thing to do. He made a moral decision and displayed his courage and character and laid down his life for what he believed in. PLEASE Mr. President display courage and a noble character and do what is right! Don’t yearn for the praises of the liberals, the media, or European and Middle Eastern nations, yearn for the praises of the one who created us, our Lord Jesus Christ.

You have taken an oath to defend and protect me and this nation. PLEASE reconsider your decision on closing GITMO and honor our troops by acknowledging that dangerous, terrorists have been captured and try them according to military law in GITMO. Honor the sacrifice of my son and all of those who have given their very last breathe for you and for me.

Protect and value the life of every unborn child, they are a gift from God no matter what the circumstances were at the time they were conceived. They could grow up one day and change the history of the world. I’ve seen it happen before my very eyes through Marc’s life. I have felt God’s forgiveness for the life I took but I often wonder what God had intended for that precious life.

Please know that I pray for you and for this nation. My prayer comes from II Kings 18:
(6)“That you would hold fast to the LORD, that you would not depart from following Him, that you would keep His commandments; which the LORD commanded Moses.”

And Mr. President as a result of doing that;
 (7a) “The LORD was with Him; he prospered wherever he went.”

Marc left his indelible mark on the world, and impacted history. Mr. President, what mark will you leave and how will you impact history. What are you willing to selflessly give so that others may live?

Standing in the gap,

Debbie Lee