Powered By Christian Gifts

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Special Request from Pastor Ed

I have a request for all those who post and comment here at Do The Right Thing, but first a little information on why this post is being done.

Do The Right Thing the blog and the BTR radio program is first and foremost a Christian site and winning souls for Christ is our number one priority.

We also discuss politics from a Christian perspective. Sometimes those views don't go over so well with everyone - that's life and I'm prepared for the ramifications that come with that.

I've been getting quite a bit of negative response in the last week or so, and again I am prepared to handle that as well -- but I thought I should do some self-examination and praying about the matter.

It's no secret to those who know my politics that I am no fan of our new president. I am not one of those people who think we should just sit back and give our new president a free pass while he goes about enacting policies that I feel are wrong (want two examples already - ok, how about reinstating funding for abortion abroad and closing "Club Gitmo").

That said, here is my request: Knowing that some people are looking for reasons to put Christians down and others are more than ready to trash those who follow Christian Conservative principles - I, Pastor Ed Boston, respectfully request that name calling not take place here and on our radio program.

Opposing positions are more than welcome, and I understand that many of you may not feel that President Obama is not "your" President. However, there are plenty of other places where you can go and say anything you please.

This isn't directed at anyone in particular and if it was, I would contact you personally -- unlike some who chose to just write smart alec remarks on public spaces and think it's ok.

My ministry is my first and foremost commitment, and I can't allow things with my online work to jeopardize that in any way. I hope you all understand!

Pastor Ed