Powered By Christian Gifts

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

God is Still in the Miracle Business!

I spent four hours at a hospital in Indianapolis while my dear friend and church member, Georgia, had a (one time) cancerous lump on her breast removed. Some of you that are on my prayer blog (if you would like to join that blog, it's by invitation only so email me and I will send you an invite), have been praying for Georgia for many months.

Initial biopsies of the lump showed that it was cancer and the doctors were about to start her on chemotherapy then radiation and then the surgery like she had today. One Sunday shortly before chemo was supposed to start, Georgia came forward at the end of a church service. She asked to be anointed and have hands laid on her for the healing of this cancer.

We prayed over her, and she says that she felt a burning sensation where the lump was.

A few days later, she decided to move in with her daughter and change her medical care closer to where her daughter lives. The new doctor decided to not do chemo, but treat her with hormone therapy.

The size of the lump shrunk to the point where the doctor had to do a mammogram to pin point the exact location, for today's surgery.

When the doctor came out today to report to her family, I heard the best news possible for Georgia. The lump was totally removed, and the biopsy on the lymph node was negative. The doctor said things couldn't have been better!

Maybe you believe this way, and maybe you don't - but I am convinced that God removed the cancer from Georgia's body well before today's surgery.

You see, my God is still in the miracle business - and I got to witness one in my friend Georgia's life.

To God be the glory, great things He hath done!!!!!!!!!!!!!