Powered By Christian Gifts

Saturday, August 18, 2007

To My Friend

I have a very close friend who had an anniversary today. The only problem is that her dear husband has passed on and is not here to celebrate with her. Memories are the only thing she has, but I know those memories are great ones, because she has shared some of them with me.

I wish there was something I personally could do to remove the grief that she still suffers from, but prayer, a shoulder to cry on, and an ear to listen is all I have to offer.

I know that in these times, reminding people that God is there walking with them may seem like hallow words, but to me it is the greatest comfort I know. The hope that we have of seeing our loved ones in heaven is something I know I look forward to.

So may God be with my dear friend today - He always is, but especially when we need Him the most!