Powered By Christian Gifts

Saturday, August 11, 2007

What a Week!!!!!

Wow, this was one busy week, but God is Good and the good things were very good, and the not so good were not as bad as it could have been. I'm going to list everything I can think of below. And now I hope my schedule gets back to my "normal" routine.

Remember - I was gone most of last week to Family Camp for our denomination's district. It was an awesome time of with the Lord, friends, and people I met for the very first time.

  • Sunday Worship - Was an intro for Vacation Bible School. I did the material myself and the theme was "Come as You Are". I did something for the first time as I preached in shorts. My wife, youngest daughter, and I did a skit and I had shorts on and thought that with the title and theme, preaching in shorts was the right thing to do.
  • Right after church we had a pitch-in dinner (I don't know how I'm ever going to lose 20 pounds)
  • My oldest daughter, who lives with us, was running a temp of 105 + , so I took her and my son-in-law to the ER. They changed her meds and sent her home.
  • My dear wife, led a group of helpers to decorate for VBS.
  • My daughter's temp went way back up and there were other problems, so they admitted her to the hospital at about 3 am.
  • Our oldest child and only son flew in to Indy at about 2 pm Monday. It was great to have him in town even if the visit was short.
  • Night one of VBS. Call me crazy, but I love VBS. Very nice and a smooth running program. (that's not always the case)
  • After VBS, dinner with my 2 children who were not in the hospital and then we took our leftovers to the hospital to share with my daughter who was feeling much better and was hungry.
  • Tuesday AM, daughter released from hospital. I picked her up and we ran some errands together. It's rare that I spend time alone with her, as she has a husband and 2 children 20 months and under.
  • VBS night two. Another good night - only real problem is the A/C can't keep up with the heat, but that didn't stop the program!
  • Dinner with the entire family, plus my mother and father. We kept the people at Red Lobster busy.
  • Wednesday was the finale day. First our son had to leave about 5:30 pm. I sure miss him when he is gone. Then it was the VBS final night. We cut down to 3 nights this year. I'm sure God was letting us know it was going to be the hottest week of the year when we made the decision to cut the number of days.
  • Thursday, I had a full physical. The doctor thinks I may survive another day or two. Actually the reports were good.
  • Friday, finally able to take it easy for a day.

So, if you thought where's Pastor Ed and did he quit blogging, maybe this will tell you what's been going on and why blogging was way down on my list of "things-to-do".

I wouldn't change much though (my daughter's hospital visit comes to mind), because some of the things I love the most happened this week. I had my entire family together for a couple of days, and that sure makes me happy. VBS has come and gone and was a big success. The doctor didn't find anything horrible during my physical, so it looks like I can keep serving the Lord for a while longer (if that's His will - doctor's don't know everything). And now I'm ready to slip back to a more normal (if there is such a thing) routine.

God bless you all - I miss blogging when I can't, but know that I think of and pray for my blogging family regularly!

Pastor Ed