Powered By Christian Gifts

Monday, June 2, 2008

"Every Day is Memorial Day" - Help Send A WWII Vet to DC to See the WWII Memorial

- Cyber Pastor


I first introduced you to my good friend Harold a few days ago in a Memorial Day pictures post. Harold served in the US Army in the Pacific theater during World War II. 

Harold is 85 years old and wants to go see the WWII Memorial in DC that honors him and his fellow veterans of "The Big One". Not only did Harold serve, but he also donated money to have the long overdue memorial finished. 

Mrs. CP and I would love to be able to take Harold and his wife Lucy to DC to see this important piece of our nation's history. 

Now, I've never done this on our blog, but I would like to ask our online friends and readers of this blog to assist us with a financial gift to help make this trip possible. 

I'm going to be talking to some local folks as well, but I know there are many of you who love veterans, and no gift is too small to help us out. I'm looking to raise $1500, so that Harold will not have to put out any money for this trip - I believe he earned it by his service.

Please pray about this and if you feel led to do so, you can donate by the PayPal button on the left side of the blog, or you can email me at hopecyberpastor@gmail.com to make other arrangements. 

God Bless all of our veterans today and always.