Powered By Christian Gifts

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

More Thoughts on the Convention

In the comment section, Cyber Crew member Garry said, "I would be interested in hearing from you what the overall tenor of the convention felt like, and how the folks you mentioned were expressing their feelings in regard to the New Ticket?"

I will gladly do so as the feeling in Minneapolis - St. Paul was electric! It was almost to the point of being indescribable.

Most folks know that I'm a big time sports fan. My baseball team is the St. Louis Cardinals and my football team is the Indianapolis Colts. The Cardinals won the 2006 World Series and the Colts won the 2007 Super Bowl.

For a sports fan there are not much higher highs than that, and I can tell you that the excitement at the Republican National Convention compared to the fantastic feelings that I had when those to awesome sporting events concluded.

I wasn't hearing as many people (myself included on this) say, I'm voting against Nobama more than I'm voting for McCain. That to me was interesting.

The theme of the convention was "Country First" (of course I say God First, but I understand the message) and that certainly works in McCain's favor.

No matter what one thinks of McCain and his policies or whether he is conservative enough, I think we can all agree that he is a true American hero.

Of course much of the enthusiasm was directed at Palin, but let's give credit - McCain did choose her.

In conversations since then, some of us believe that this new found energy and momentum is a God thing and less about the people involved, but putting an outspoken Christian on the ticket didn't hurt things.

Will the excitement last - I believe it will as Christians find a new energy about politics.

Will McCain hold true to what Conservatives believe - my guess is that he will be much the same way he has always been - but that's where you and I come in. We must hold ALL of our elected officials accountable.

Some people think that's impossible - but I will say that ALL THINGS are possible with God!

Cyber Pastor