Powered By Christian Gifts

Monday, December 31, 2007

Dylan is in Remission!!!!!!

Good news for the new year....

Dylan is in remission! Praise God Almighty!

I cried when I got the news this afternoon. I am so thankful for God's faithfulness and for giving me the strength to make it through this.

There is still residual tissue (dead cancer cells) that are in his diaphram area below his right lung and above his liver. The doctors are trying to decide where to go from here. Dr. Ladd (Dylan's surgeon) is looking over the pathology report to see what he thinks. The doctors believe that it may be more invasive and dangerous to go in there surgical to biopsy the residual residue because of the location. I don't know where we go from here but I do know that God will continue to be with us through every step.

Dylan has his spinal tap on Wednesday morning and then we will be released. Dr. Kumar will be calling me sometime in the next week or so to let me know what all the doctors have decided would be the best way to go from here. Basically, many kids have survived still carrying that residual "rock" of leftover tumor in their bodies. They may end up just leaving it alone.

Dyl is playing in the playroom right now. He feels well. I am getting ready to sign off so I can play with him.

Hope everyone has a safe and Happy New Year!

Love,

Dylan's Mom