Powered By Christian Gifts

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Time To Make a Decision


Time to make a Decision

Ok maybe my timing is strange - but hey Cyber Pastor never claimed not to be a little strange on occaision. Many of you know that I for weeks have been trying to decide on whether to support Fred Thompson or Mike Huckabee for the Republican nomination for President.

My decision has been made, and I am now firmly in favor of Fred Thompson for President of the United States!

I like both men, and Huckabee has been quickly moving towards the top in the polls. In an email I received from Steve Elliott, President of Grassfire.org Alliance said the following about there just released December Straw Poll,

"Although the findings were fascinating, the most compelling discovery was the sudden and dramatic surge of support for Mike Huckabee! The so-called "Hucka-surge" was clearly evident throughout the survey--both in support and trust."

And about the some of the other candidates, Elliott said:


"Other candidates, including Fred Thompson, Rudy Guiliani and Mitt Romney did not fare so well."


So why jump off the Huckabee wagon now and throw my support to Thompson?

It's the same reason that has bothered me all along, and now it seems the DNC thinks the same thing that I have wondered. Can Huckabee defeat the Democratic nominee? I'm not sure and apparantly the DNC thinks the answer is no.

Drudge reports this: DEMS HOLD FIRE ON HUCKABEE; SEE 'EASY KILL' IN GENERAL ELECTION


Democrat party officials are avoiding any and all criticism of Republican presidential contender Mike Huckabee, insiders reveal.

The Democratic National Committee has told staffers to hold all fire, until he secures the party's nomination.

The directive has come down from the highest levels within the party, according to a top source.

Within the DNC, Huckabee is known as the "glass jaw -- and they're just waiting to break it."


So maybe the Democrats and Cyber Pastor will have to eat their words and Mike Huckabee may become the next President of the United States. I don't think it is something that Conservatives can gamble on.

I've been leary of anyone who is weak on immigration, and Thompson's plan is much better than Huckabee's. When it comes to our national defense, I'm just not sure that Huckabee is the man there either.

So what happens if Huck wins the nomination? I'll be behind him 100%. For now, my endorsement goes to Fred Thompson!

Please note that this endorsement is strictly that of Cyber Pastor (Pastor Ed Boston) and does not represent the view of any organization Cyber Pastor is affiliated with. This is Cyber Pastor’s personal views.