Powered By Christian Gifts

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Indiana's Voter ID Law - How It Worked at My Polling Place


Yesterday was election day in our great state of Indiana (with all the news coverage I suppose that sentence is unnecessary, but I'll leave it anyway). I have been waiting to see how the Indiana Voter ID Law, which was appealed all the way to the Supreme Court of the United States, would work right here in our small town in South Central Indiana. 


When you live in a small town, and even though our family has only been here for 5 years, pretty much everyone knows everyone (and all their business too). So when I walked in someone said "you don't have to worry about checking this guy, he's a preacher". 

Now to me, as a strong supporter of the Voter ID Law, the next line was like fantastic. The poll worker said, and I quote, "I don't care if his last name is God, he's going to show us his photo ID."

My hopes are that every poll worker at every precinct in the state took the same approach.