Powered By Christian Gifts

Thursday, May 8, 2008

From Mrs. CP: Thoughts about Mary

Hello all in D.T.R.T. blog sphere, it's Mrs. CP. This is my first blog writing, so here goes it. Today's show is celebrating Mother's Day, which is this upcoming Sunday, May 11th. Cyber Pastor is coming down with my flu bug that I had the last 3 days, so I am doing some "mothering" blogging. (wow, was that a mouthful or what, or even grammatical?) 


Any who. I thought today would be a good day to play 2 very precious songs about one very special mother, that being Mary, the mother of Jesus. Now folks, I am not a catholic, nor have I ever been one, and that is a subject that can get me going, but, she is the earthly mother of my Savior, my Redeemer, my Lord, Jesus Christ, and that makes her pretty important in the history of mankind.

I am sure most of you have heard of these songs:1." Mary Did You Know?" written by Mark Lowry & Buddy Greene, and 2. "Breath Of Heaven" written by Amy Grant & Chris Eaton.
They are breathtaking songs, so I thought I would treat you with the words, and maybe alittle commentary about each song, if time allows me.

1"Mary Did You Know?"

Mary did you know that your baby boy will one day walk on water?
Mary did you know that your baby boy will save our sons and daughters?
Did you know that your baby boy has come to make you new?
This child that you delivered will soon deliver you?

Mary did you know that your baby boy will give sight to a blind man?
Mary did you know that your baby boy will calm a storm with His hand?
Did you know that your baby boy has walked where angels trod?
When you kiss your little baby, you've kissed the face of God.


The blind will see
The deaf will hear
The dead will live again
The lame will leap
The dumb will speak
The praises of the Lamb


Mary did you know that your baby boy is Lord of all creation?
Mary did you know that your baby boy will one day rule the nations?
Did you know that your baby boy is Heaven's perfect lamb?
This sleeping child you're holding is The Great I AM.

Wow...powerful....awesome...God inspired

Blessed is the Lord God of Israel,
for He has visited and redeemed His people,
and has raised up a born of salvation for us. Luke 1:68-69

"Think of Mary of Nazareth, called from her girlhood dreams to travel the road of a lonely destiny, to be the mother of Jesus; think of how she shrank back trembling from the call and from the sword that was to pierce her heart, until at last she bowed her head, and said,"Behold, the handmaid of the Lord." " quoted from James Stewart.

Every one of us women who have given birth know the first thing we do after giving birth, is count the fingers and toes of our newborn child, just to make sure they're all there. But I wonder if Mary realized those tiny hands that were curled around her fingers were the same hands that had formed mankind? Those little feet were the same feet that had walked on streets of gold and had been worshiped by angels. that tiny infant voice had once spoken worlds into existence.

A woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised. Proverbs 31:30

By the incarnation, God broke His silence. Ignatius

Mary kept all these things and pondered them in her heart. Luke 2:19

As Jesus grew up, as He studied the scriptures, He must have seen His face on every page...because His life was fulfilling every prophecy. I believe Jesus knew who He was by the time He was 12. He ditched his mother for 2 days. Mary left Jerusalem w/family and the rest of the crowd, and she thought Jesus was with them. But Jesus had stayed behind to confuse and confound the elders of the temple w/His knowledge and questions. Can you imagine the panic in Mary's heart when she realized Jesus wasn't w/them? She had been entrusted with God's child---and she had lost Him! She raced back to Jerusalem to find Jesus teaching in the temple. She started to scold Him. "Where have you been? We've been worried sick about you." Jesus said, "Don't you know I must be about My Father's business?" And she bought it! That line never worked for me or probably even you. Some of you might have even tried that line on your momma's, but she probably didn't let you get away with it. But Mary knew that Jesus was...and that He must be about His Father's business. I believe He was saying, Don't you know? Aren't you the one who told me? Don't you remember the bedtime stories? Have you forgotten the angel?...I must be about My Father's business.

Then there are the silent years in the life of Christ. Between age 12 and 30, we don't know what happened. But it makes you wonder. Did Jesus ever perform any miracles around the house. He must have. Otherwise, how would Mary know that He could turn water into wine? And they must have had many discussions about when He would begin His public ministry, because when He was 30 He was still living at home! 

Mary knows Jesus is the Messiah. Jesus knows He is the Messiah. And she walks up to Him in front of some servants at a marriage supper and says, "They've run out of wine at the marriage supper." Has your mother ever said something to you...you hear what she says...but you know what she means? I believe this was one of those times for Jesus. His mother simply said, "They've run out of wine at the marriage supper." Then He gave that strange response, "Woman, what have I to do with thee? It's not my time." Time for what? If my mother had said to me, "They've run out of Diet Coke at the party, " I wouldn't think she wanted me to turn water into Diet Coke. I would think she wanted me to go down to the Piggly Wiggly and get some more pop. But Jesus, reaction leads me to believe they had had this discussion before. And even though Jesus didn't realize it was His time to start performing miracles, somehow she knew. Because even though He said "Its not my time,"...in actuality, it was! Turning water into wine was just the beginning. From that moment on, Jesus began performing many miracles, all because His mother had to prompt Him to get started. She might have also been trying to get Him to move out on His own, I don't know, but hey, He was 30 yrs. old and still living with mom.(little tongue in check folks)

Mary saw it all. Jesus never traveled more than 30 miles from His birthplace. I'm sure she was there for the baptism, the feeding of the thousands with a little boy's lunch, and every other major event of His life. And she was there when they crucified Him. Most of the others had scattered like the wind. Peter was warming himself by a fire, denying he even knew Jesus. But Mary was there. That was her firstborn hanging on the cross. She had nursed Him, changed his diapers, watched Him learn to crawl then walk, she told Him bedtime stories, she rocked Him and calmed His fears at night. James and Jude, the half-brothers of Jesus, were nowhere to be found. In fact, they didn't even believe in Jesus as Savior until after the Resurrection. (I guess it would be hard to acknowledge that your older brother was not just good...He was God!) But Mary saw it all. 

She was the first one to hold Him when He entered the world, and she was the last one to hold Him at the end of His life. Mary did see it all, the birth, the life, the death and the Resurrection. Jesus never asked us to remember His birth, He asked us to remember His death, because through His death we have found life. By believing on the Lord Jesus Christ, we are saved. And thus for all of this, Mary knew, Mary, the mother of Jesus.

Well folks, I have run out of time, so I will do the other song, later, but we have a show to do now. God bless, and I hope this commentary, was helpful or informative.

Peace

Mrs. CP
Annieb
<*))))><