Powered By Christian Gifts

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Do The Right Thing Is Our Line, and We Ain't Giving It Up

Ok, I just wasted an hour of my life watching tonight's Presidential Press Conference. It was one of the rare times that I have spent more than 10 minutes watching this new person who now sits in the office that Ronald Reagan respected so much that he wouldn't enter it without his suit coat on. I have real difficulty watching a person blatantly lie and mislead the country that I so dearly love. With that in mind, you can see why I consider my time wasted.

So what did I get out of this debacle? Softball questions, that set up answers that were tailored to make the ideas of the Left look appealing; stuttering when the teleprompter couldn't help; dodging real questions with predetermined answers, but most importantly to me was the misuse of a term that is near and dear to me and those of us who work so hard to Do The Right Thing!

To use "doing the right thing" when talking about infanticide is unacceptable. To "throw out" unsubstaniated remarks on curing Alzhimers is nothing about doing the right thing, and everything to do with advancing an agenda that is totally opposite of Do The Right Thing.

Mr. President (and yes it does gripe me to use that term, but out of respect for the office, I will), if you want to learn about doing the right thing, I suggest that you do what I am going to begin as my new motivational tool. If you REALLY have an interest in what Do The Right Thing means, I suggest that you get on our knees and beg God's forgiveness for the moral failures of our once great nation. I suggest that you pray for God's guidance and not your own. I suggest that you take the lead in returning to the ways of our Founding Fathers who put God first.

Until you do the above Mr. President - please don't try to fool the American people that you care one iota about Doing The Right Thing. What I will do is Do The Right Thing and take my own advice, and I will pray that you do as well. I believe in the power of God, and that is what it is going to take to make our President Do The Right Thing!

Pastor Ed Boston aka Cyber Pastor