Powered By Christian Gifts

Monday, September 24, 2007

Free Speech and Ahmadinejad Have Nothing in Common!

OK, I can not remain quiet about this topic of free speech and that this Ahmadinejad clown should be allowed to give a speech in the United States of America.

Let me just say that the logic of him giving a speech on American soil is like asking Hitler to speak in America during WWII.

Now people who don't agree with me would say "we are not at war with Iran".

To that, I say hogwash. I have heard first hand from boots on the ground in Iraq, that there is no debate on whether or not Iran is supplying weapons to the "bad guys" in Iraq. If Iran is supplying the "bad guys", then we are at war with Iran - declared or not! Seems pretty simple to me. Let's see what the U.S. Constitution says:


U.S. Constitution - Amendment 1


Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Keeping a person from speaking would not be making a law, thus Amendment 1 doesn't apply, even for those who say that the constitution applies to non-Americans as well as Americans (which is another discussion that could take up numerous posts).

I had Fox News on the TV when the "clown" was introduced, and with just the introduction - I had to change channels. John Coatsworth, Dean of the School of International Affairs called him "his excellency" prior to his name.

That was it for me - a man responsible for killing our men and women in Iraq deserves no title such as that, and if I want to know what he says, there will be plenty of press coverage for me to see later. On top of that, I haven't taken my blood pressure meds yet today, and I didn't want to have a stroke thinking about "my" country giving this killer a forum to lie and spew propaganda.

So there, comment away and I'm going to go get my meds!