Powered By Christian Gifts

Monday, September 17, 2007

Vets For Freedom - First Night


Wow what a first night. The picture above has all three of the featured speakers at tonight's dinner program. On the left (no pun intended) is Congressman Jim Marshall (D-GA); right is General Jack Kean, former Vice Chief of Staff, US Army: and Congressman Brian Baird (D-WA), seated with blond hair.
So I know what you are thinking, Moonbats for guest speakers, right? That wasn't the case. These are two Democrats who are not opposed to the war! Yes, you heard me right.
Of the two Congressmen, both Snooper and I were very impressed with Rep. Baird. He originally voted against the war in Iraq, but has been to Iraq and has changed his mind and believes in our mission and that we can win the war! He has taken great heat for his stand (Washington State + Democrat leaders), but he had the line of the night. This is a direct quote. He was asked aren't you afraid this will cause you to lose in the primary? Rep Baird said "I can get another job, I can't get another country".
Needless to say he got a standing ovation from 250 + veterans!
I took lots of notes and have a lot to report as does Snooper, but I will close this post and get ready to post another picture and short story.
Know this - the tide is turning, the surge is working, and I wish all of you could experience this feeling of solidarity and unity for nothing short of total victory!
God Bless America!
Pastor Ed