Powered By Christian Gifts

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Does It Really Matter?

Sometimes a person needs to sit back and think about the things that upset us in life and say, "Does it really matter?".

I was discussing an annoying person in a BTR chat room with the host of the show, and realized that I'm not going to lose any sleep over people like IGMR (don't ask, it doesn't matter).

This person seems to be out to just get on people's nerves, and it works pretty well at least to some. I could insert several different nics into the name slot and they know who they are and what they do.

But the bottom line is this, IT REALLY DOESN'T MATTER!!!

Here's things that might cause me to lose sleep, but I do my best just to turn these type problems over to God, cause I sure can't really help in the long run:

There's this little boy Jacob who came to our Youth Groups last night for the first time. I talked with the kids briefly about the "family of God". When I finished, Jacob (a 3rd grader) was crying hysterically.

Little did I know, Jacob's daddy committed suicide - hung himself - 2 years ago and my talk about God being our Heavenly Father, caused him to cry his little eyes out.

Mrs. CP and I sat down with this youngster, talked with him, prayed with him, and finally got really good hugs from him.

If I was going to lose sleep over someone, it would probably be Jacob.

Or maybe it would be Ricky. Ricky and his brother and two sisters have been coming to our church for close to 5 years. There's lots of problems in this family, and we consider them like they are our own children.

Ricky has been complaining for a couple of weeks about a spot on his shoulder. His mom took him to the doctor yesterday, and they did several blood tests, scheduled a CT scan and a biopsy. No diagnosis has been made yet, but it doesn't take a genious to figure out what the doctor is concerned about.

Or maybe it would be Jonathan, who at 19 was healed from Hodkins Lymphoma only to have it come back at 22. Now half way through his chemo treatments, the doctors are suggesting a procedure that will keep him in the hospital for 6 weeks, and then there is still no guarantee the procedure will be successful (of course God can heal him again as he has already done it once).

So at the end of the day, which it is right now, the way trolls and moonbats behave really don't matter me- but Jacob, Ricky, and Jonathan all do!