Powered By Christian Gifts

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Cyber Pastor's New Year's Daily Deciblez!!!

Cyber Pastor's New Year's Daily Deciblez!!!

Holy Cow - 2007 is in the history books. I guess it really is true that the older you get the faster time goes by, and since 2007 brought my 45th birthday, well you know........

I want to start off 2008 giving glory and honor to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ - who makes everything that I am and that I have and do in this life possible!

I want to thank God for allowing me the opportunity to be a part of this wonderful experience that some call the "new media", blogging about three of my favorite things in life (Christian beliefs, Conservative values, and my love of sports).

I am going to challenge myself to do some things in 2008. See what you think and then let us know if you have any special goals for this year.

  1. I'm going to work harder at making additional time to spend with the Lord in prayer - and especially emphasize Pray the Vote 2008. Will you join me in this? I'm going to work hard at providing you with tools provided by the Presidential Prayer Team to assist us here.
  2. I'm going to encourage people to push hard for conservative values in this important election year. That said, I believe that Fred Thompson is the man to support and I'm going to use this forum (the good thing about owning your own blog is you get to make the rules) and I will promote, promote, promote the person I believe comes closest to my Reagan Republican ideals.
  3. I'm looking at possibly adding to my Internet Ministry, and I have had 4 special people praying about this with me for several weeks now. I'm not quite ready to announce the plans, but I'm going to ask all of you who will, to pray about this new ministry opportunity and ask that God makes His will known clearly.
  4. I'm going to examine how I can make "Do The Right Thing" a better place for Christians, conservatives, and sports lovers to find relevant topics and a place to discuss them that is inviting and safe from the attacks of detractors. I choose to make this site one for like-minded people and not necessarily a place to debate with the moonbats of the world. There are plenty of really good blogs that my friends run that will debate moonbats as long as they choose to stay. They debate much better than I and so I will leave that to my friends.
  5. I will continue with the series "Israel, America's Greatest Ally" as long as my good friends Dean and Boaz continue to provide excellent material. I may even ask a couple of other people to contribute as well, and with that said - one of my goals is to have more guests be contributors or regulars here on "Do The Right Thing".
  6. I am going to be more aggressive in my speaking out against the spread of Islam in America and the world! Some might say that is a topic best left out of a Christian blog. Well, I say that if we Christians don't wake up, someday we may not be able to own a Christian blog right here in the United States of America due to the fact the Islam won't allow such things. OK CP, that is taking it a little far now, but I ask "is it"? If you think it is, then I believe you need to educate yourself on this topic, and I'm going to use this blog to help you with that.
  7. Finally, I'm going to encourage people to bring their prayer requests here so that all the wonderful "Prayer Warriors" who visit he will be able to lift our requests up to the Lord. I may spin off a new public prayer blog of it's own to go along with our "invitation only" prayer site that I currently operate.

My sermon this week was entitled "Hope in a New Year or Let's Be Great in 2008". I believe that fits this blog spot on! There is great HOPE, and God willing 2008 will bring many great victories for Him.

Here are the most recent posts, and I purposely included these three dynamic posts to end out 2007 and carry us into 2008.

The Fire in Fred's Belly - posted from Miss Beth's Victory Dance.

Dylan is in Remission - praise God for this answered prayer!!!!

Israel - America's Greatest Ally - Dean part 8 - this is really good stuff.