Powered By Christian Gifts

Friday, October 12, 2007

Some Thoughts from Pastor Ed

Sometimes I wonder why it is that I spend time blogging. I had a good talk with the Lord earlier this week about the direction God wanted me to go as I move forward with "Do The Right Thing", because I do look at my blogging as a part of my ministry.

This morning I got a call from a man with Parkinson's Disease that I have known since I was probably 10 or 11 yrs. old. I used to be his paper boy. He had emailed me yesterday about a post I had made, and he wanted to talk about it on the phone.

My friend is one of the best Christian men that I know. He has a wonderful testimony and God has used him in great ways doing wonderful wood-working figures that he didn't learn how to do until after he had severe shaking from Parkinson's.

In his email and phone call, my friend was so upset with the direction our country is taking; removing God from so many things, ignoring the threat of Islam, turning our backs on veterans, etc, etc, etc. I had to admit that I questioned myself about what I was doing if this friend was this upset over what he read on my blog.

At the end of the conversation, my friend said, "what you are doing is a wonderful thing". It kind of smacked me in the head - making sure that my small group that view this blog knows what is happening in the world is very much needed and wanted by the RIGHT side of life!

When it comes to God, right and wrong, and doing the Right thing, it's not a political party, it's the eternal consequences of our every day life. Until the Lord leads me away or shows me I need to change - you can depend on this blog to continue being a part of the new media (not for me, I haven't made one single penny doing my blog - might not be a bad idea though - but because I believe in "Doing The Right Thing"!).

I love you all!

Cyber Pastor