Powered By Christian Gifts

Saturday, October 20, 2007

You Never Know What The Next Call is Going To Be

In the life of a Pastor, one never knows what the next phone call is going to bring.

Earlier this afternoon, the phone rang and it was a lady who attends our church. A single mother of two beautiful girls, and she lives with two other ladies.

When she called, she said, "I'm having a melt down!" Little did I know how true that would turn out to be.

What is wrong, I asked in a concerned manner.

You aren't going to believe it Preacher, but when I started the dryer -- I didn't know that my roommate's cat was hiding in there and I fried the cat. What am I going to do?

Now, I'm usually not at a loss for words - but what do you tell someone who has killed someone else's cat, even if it was an accident?

I mean it's better than getting a call that a church member has passed away, but it's still a crisis in that household. Maybe I should call my District Superintendent and ask him, since I never received training on what to do in these type of emergencies.

Anyway, the next time the phone rings at your house, and it's not bad news just think about good ole Pastor Ed and wonder what happened on his next phone call.

I love you all, and have a great Lord's Day tomorrow!