Powered By Christian Gifts

Monday, November 12, 2007

Cyber Pastor's Daily Deciblez!!!

By proclaimation of the President of the United States of America, all Americans are urged to observe November 11 through November 17, 2007, as National Veterans Awareness Week.


In keeping with that, I will continue to make posts in support of our Veterans.
Tonight I went with my friend, a Korean War veteran; my father, an Air Force veteran, our spouses, my two daughters, my two grandchildren and 3 friends of my teenaged daughter to Golden Corral and enjoyed a free dinner that was given to Veterans who were there between 5 and 9 pm.
The food was good and hey what is better than good food? The answer would be good, free food! However, that isn't what I enjoyed the most tonight. And as much as I love my friends and family, it wasn't their company that I thought was the best part of the night either.

My favorite part of the evening was seeing all the different Heroes of the Military being given the special attention that they so rightly deserve! Older men from WWII and Korea, middle-aged men from Vietnam, young men and women who had either served in the last Iraq War or the current War on Terrorism, and men and women of all ages who served during a time of no conflicts - but were willing to put their lives on the line to defend the freedoms we all enjoy in America!

Thank you Golden Corral for making this veteran have a wonderful evening, and oh by the way, the food wasn't bad either.

I also want to make today's Daily Deciblez!!! in memory of Mary Chandler. Mary passed away last Thursday at 7 am at the age of 85, and I was honored to have a part in her funeral celebration today! Mary was my friend, and the world is a better place because Mary Chandler was here!
See you soon, Mary - get your piano warmed up because I want to hear you play when I get there!




Israel - America's Greatest Ally; Part 3 - Dean has some great history in this post. Also, if you enjoy this series, go here: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/readerarticles/?period=main and look up the post's from Cyber Pastor (they are actually Dean's posts but they are on my blog so it has my name - but thank you Dean!) and vote for those articles. While there, there are several posts from Snooper, Spree, Miss Beth, Lew Waters, sdkruiser, BLACKTYGRRRR, AlDajjal, and redhawk, who all belong to a group of conservative bloggers I belong to, that you can vote for as well.

Sunday Sermon Outline - Veterans Day 2007 - "A Mighty Warrior" - King David.